Introduction to and ownership of the Portal
Fondazione studio museo Vico Magistretti (hereinafter referred to individually as "Fondazione"), have developed a Portal to allow users to access and consult an archival database with pertinent navigational tools and editorial content for seeking further information on the contents of the archive (hereinafter, the "Portal").
The user recognizes and acknowledges that Fondazione is the owner and holder of pertinent rights of use and enjoyment of the Portal and related content.
The visualization, download, and any use of contents published in the Portal imply acceptance of the present legal notice and of the conditions of the license under which the contents are published. By accepting these terms, the user agrees to use the Portal for only the purposes and using only the methods herein indicated, and furthermore assumes all liability for any and all damage or injury that may arise to himself or to third parties as a result of use of the Portal.
The texts and the sketches and drawings published on the Portal are distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial - No Derivatives 4.0 International (full text), unless otherwise specified. All photographs are protected by copyright and therefore cannot be copied, redistributed, reproduced or published without authorization.
The texts of the pages of the Portal are therefore freely distributable and reusable provided that the source is always cited as indicated in the credits but they cannot be modified in any way or used for commercial purposes.
It is expressly forbidden to make any use of images and contents from the Portal in any way that may damage the name and/or reputation of the subjects portrayed or referenced therein, or damage the author and/or the Portal itself, or its promoters or managers.
Any products or brands shown are the property of the legitimate claimants and cannot therefore be used, copied, distributed, or reused, unless expressly authorized in writing.
The Portal, as well as Fondazione, within the limits of the law, can not be held responsible in any way for damages of any nature, caused directly or indirectly by access to the Portal, inability or impossibility to access it, or from trust or reliance upon the information contained therein, or from use of such information. The promoter and manager of the Portal shall undertake, as far as possible, to insert information into the Portal that is up-to-date, but make no guarantee as to completeness or accuracy thereof.
The promoter and manager of the Portal reserves the right to modify the contents of this page at any time and without prior notice. Links to external sites are provided as a simple courtesy to users, and no liability shall be taken on as regards the overall correctness and completeness of the indicated links.
The indication of these links as a courtesy does not imply any sort of approval or sharing of responsibility by the Portal as regards completeness and correctness of the information contained in the indicated sites.
Links from other websites are welcome, especially if they are communicated to Fondazione staff, to facilitate timely communication of any subsequent changes. Where appropriate, we recommend the use of this form: "Archivio Vico Magistretti" (Vico Magistretti Archive). Any kind of mirroring or duplication on other sites is forbidden, except in accordance with specific agreements made with the editorial staff.
The processing of personal data of users of the Portal shall be carried out in accordance with the applicable legislation regarding the protection of personal data, and in particular to EU Regulation no. 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation - GDPR 2016/679).
1. The Data Controller and other persons involved in the processing of data. The Data Controller of any data collected through the Portal is Fondazione studio museo Vico Magistretti (hereinafter, also the "Data Controller"), with registered office in Milan, via Conservatorio 20, 20122. It shall always be possible to make request for any information concerning one's personal data or for a complete list of the appointed managers by writing to Fondazione studio museo Vico Magistretti, Via Conservatorio 20, 20122 Milano, or by writing to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Categories of data processed, purposes of the processing, nature of provision of data, and legal basis. Through the Portal, the Data Controller collects and processes the following data:
(b) Data provided voluntarily by the user: personal data provided voluntarily by the user (e-mail address, personal data, contact details). The providing of data for this purpose is optional.
The legal basis of the processing of navigational data (point 2 a) is based on the legitimate interest of the Data Controller to provide the Portal, and of the user to enjoy use of it. The processing of personal data for the purposes referred to in point 2 b) is based on consent.
Notwithstanding, due to the nature of the medium of online transmission, these measures cannot limit or exclude absolutely every risk of unauthorized access or loss of data. To this end, we recommend periodically checking that the computer used is equipped with software apparatus suitable for the protection of data transmission in the network, both incoming and outgoing (such as an updated antivirus system) and that the Internet service provider has taken appropriate measures for the security of data transmission over the network (such as firewalls and anti-spam filters).
4. Categories of recipients of Data. The Data collected through the Portal may be known (i) by employees and collaborators of the Data Controller, by virtue of their function, who act as persons authorized and duly instructed for processing by the Data Controller; (ii) by any third parties that the Data Controller uses for consulting services and/or who are instrumental to the operation, management, or maintenance of the Portal and/or for the providing of web services, (iii) by Fondazione studio museo Vico Magistretti in its qualities as Promoter.
5. Transfer of data abroad. Data collected through the Portal will be processed in Italy and, in any case, in States belonging to the European Union.
6. Rights of the interested parties. The subjects to whom the Data refer, the users of the Portal, have the right to access their data at any time, and, in particular, to obtain confirmation of the existence or otherwise of such data, and to know its content and origin. They also have the right to verify their accuracy or request their integration, updating, correction, limitation of processing, cancellation, transformation into anonymous form, or the blocking of data processed in violation of the law, as well as to oppose, in every case, for legitimate reasons, their treatment. In addition, they have the right to request the portability of their data, to submit a complaint to the Supervisory Authority, or to revoke at any time any previously given consent, or to oppose at any time the use of the Data. Requests can be directed to the attention of the Privacy Contact Person.
This statement is intended to explain what cookies are, how they are used by the Portal and how you can consciously make your decisions about how to manage them. Pursuant to Article 13 of the GDPR, the European General Data Protection Regulation, n. 2016/679 ("Regulations"), this Policy is provided to the user of the Portal for the purpose of informing the user about the purposes and methods of processing his/her personal data.
1) What are cookies? Cookies are small text strings that visited sites send to the user's terminal, where they are stored before being re-transmitted to the same sites when the same user makes his next visit.
2) Which cookies does the portal use? The Portal uses only technical and session cookies, which remain active only for the duration of navigation on the Portal itself.
Technical cookies (navigational or functionality) are those that we use for the sole purpose of allowing you to use the Portal.
The data collected through technical cookies are not disclosed to third parties nor are they disseminated in any way.
As provided for by current privacy legislation, the installation of these cookies does not require your prior consent.
N.B: Please realize that if you block the installation of these cookies, you may entirely or partly compromise your ability to access the Portal as a consequence.
3) How can I manage cookies?
There are various ways to manage, disable, and delete cookies: Consult the user manual of your browser to find out how to manage, disable, or delete cookies. Here below we indicate where to find the instructions provided by the manufacturers of the most popular browsers:
By modifying your browser settings, you can manage, disable, or delete all types of cookies (technical, analytical, profiling).
Introduction to and ownership of the Portal